Job Title: Production Operator
- Education High School diploma or GED required
- Job Related Experience Some manufacturing experience preferred
- Supervision Given None
- Supervision Received Production Manager and/or Supervisor, or Lead
Production operators tend machines such as fillers, labelers, packaging, cappers, palletizers, etc. used for bottling water. They will operate manufacturing equipment in an efficient and safe manner while ensuring package and product quality.
Essential Job Duties:
- Will perform basic machine operations to include; stacking raw material, handling finished product cases, performing quality inspections and minor machine adjustments.
- Monitors the flow of outgoing finished goods and correct any disturbance in the flow of those goods.
- Cleans equipment and line continually throughout the shift and maintains a clean work area.
- Expedites repairs to the line; working with maintenance as necessary.
- Keeps daily records of down time and machine operations.
- Must follow all established Good Manufacturing Practices.
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Some manufacturing experience with a beverage, food or liquid consumer products manufacturer is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of GMP s, sanitation standards and FDA requirements is helpful.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time 12 hour shifts.
- Basic math skills are needed.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills oral and written.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Performs related work as required.
- In the absence of this employee, the direct manager or appointee will cover responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting - Approximately 0% of the time.
Standing - Approximately 50% of the time.
Walking - Approximately 50% of the time.
Bending/stooping - Constantly
Crouching - Constantly
Pushing/Pulling - Constantly
Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs. - Frequently
Verbal communication - Constantly
Written communication - Constantly
Hearing normal conversation - Frequently
Sight, including near acuity and depth perception - Frequently
- General HACCP/SQF
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Pre-requisite program
- Cleaning and Sanitation
- Associated Standard Operating Procedures