About the Company:
Acuity Eyecare Group (AEG) is a rapidly growing community of wholly-owned Optical Retail shops that practice Full-Scope Optometry adjacent to a well-run Dispensary. We are building a collection of top small local Optical Retail businesses primarily OD-owned and integrating them onto the AEG platform. In the process, we maintain the local retail brand, OD staff, Store Associates, Patients/Customers while making investments that enable the team take better care of the patients and customers in their neighborhood. The core purpose that unifies all of our Doctors and Associates is to improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time.
We are a new company (Mar 2017) that is supported by Riata a fast moving Private Equity firm with a proven track record of success in the Optical Industry. Today, we have 70 shops under 6 different local retail brand names across 8 states with a vision to exceed 300 locations covering more of the U.S. within 5 years.
We are assembling an all-star team of experienced industry professionals to help build AEG into the best place to work, shop, invest, and have an outstanding patient experience.
The Call Center position performs the activities of answering inbound calls from customers, associates, and providers in a manner that ensures a professional, pleasurable, and remarkable patient experience. Position also performs the activities of making outbound calls to previous patients to schedule appointments for their yearly healthy vision exam.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers inbound customer calls to provide information regarding retail locations, returns messages, promotions, store locations, store directions, phone numbers, and vision plans.
- Schedules patient appointments using Acuity Logic Scheduler.
- Making outbound calls to previous patients and new patients to schedule appointments for their yearly healthy vision exam with specific goals to achieve.
- Take an ownership role in scheduling appointment to fill each offices book.
- Logs any grievance and assists to resolve customer complaints.
- Schedules appointments for various special programs using Acuity Logic Scheduler
- Performs in a backup support role to provide insurance authorizations.
- Perform basic administrative functions for the Call Center Manager when needed
- Makes recommendations for efficiencies, processes, etc. which will deliver either quality, cost savings, and or profitability improvements within the department.
- Live Chat
- Assist with Checking Voice Mails for any overnight messages.
Required Skills and Experiences
- High School or GED
- Prior Customer Service experience, preferably in an optical or insurance environment is helpful.
- Experience in a call center environment helpful
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring multi-tasking and frequent redefining of priorities.
- Basic PC skills to include MS office, Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully in a team environment, functioning for the good of the team over the individual.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays. Schedule based on call volume to accommodate the needs of the business.
Key Style Characteristics:
- Bias For Action / Entrepreneurialism - Willingness to roll up her/his sleeves and work in a lean fast paced start-up environment
- Collaboration Comfortable working in decision making teams and ability to influence employees positively
- Simplicity / Focus Ability to focus on a few important items that matter and truly drive results.
- People First AEG is building a culture where people matter. The HR Analyst will positively influence whenever possible.
- Adaptability The ability to retain an open mind for change, ability to move in different direction, ability to remain bias free.
- Critical Thinking Must be able to make well-thought out recommendations using data
- Accountable Must stand behind commitments, take responsibility for words/actions and be accountable for individual and team goals.
- Resilience Ability to cope and maintain emotional separation from issues; ability to manage stress and be graceful in stressful situations
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, Basic Life, Voluntary
- Matching 401k